Tuesday 2 April 2013

World Autism Awareness Day

So this month I have pledged to be part of "Paint it Blue." An initiative introduced by me on a facebook nail group that I frequent. The purpose of this initiative is to raise awareness for autism by painting your nails blue over the month of April. Some people will be doing it once, weekly and even every day! I'm going to aim for once a week. So today's mani is for World Autism Awareness Day which is today, April 2nd!

I got inspiration from this mani from these two images which I found after I searched for autism awareness in google images.


You can see my art and also designs from other polish lovers on Instagram under the hashtag #bluenailsforautism


As you can see, I attempted to do the puzzle pieces and the light globe design as an accent. I am quite happy with the accent but the puzzle pieces ended up being a bit of a hot mess. Not too bad for a first attempt though.



China Glaze - First Mate
China Glaze - For Audrey
Sally Hansen - Cherry Red
Sally Hansen - Mellow Yellow
OPI - My Vampire is Buff

1 comment: